Chomolari Trek, 9 days trek starts at Drugyal Dzong in the north of Paro Valley.
- Destination: Nepal and Bhutan
- Group size: 02-08
- Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Trip Level: Moderate
- Max Altitude: (4820m./15814ft.)
- Activities: Tour and Trekking
- Transportation: Private Car / Van, International flight
Meals: BB plan in Kathmandu and All meals during the trek
Accomodation: Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and camping basis accommodation during trekking
Chomolari Trek, 9 days trek starts at Drugyal Dzong in the north of Paro Valley. Hiking through rice paddy fields, apple orchards, forests, rushing steams, the trek gradually becomes challenging. After two nights camping in the wooded alpine forests and meadows, you will arrive at Jangothang base camp and from here you will have a stunning view of 7513m Mount Chomolari. The next day’s trail is through high pastureland and after crossing the highest point, Nyile La Pass (4,890m), you arrive at Lingshi, the highest settlement in the north. You will have some spectacular views of the high ridges and snow-capped mountains. Yaks, blue sheep, musk deer and elusive marmots are also the common sights on this trek. The last few days trek, through conifer forests, canyons and streams, you arrive at Dodena, where your car will be waiting here to transfer to Thimphu. Take a hot shower in the hotel and relax for the next day’s tour in the city.
Day 01: Kathmandu (1400m). Pick up and drop to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day 03: Arrival Paro (Departure to Paro by Druk Air)
Day 04: Paro Acclimatization Hike to Tiger’s Nest
Day 05: Paro-Shana (2870m / 17 km, 5-6 hours) Trek starts. Overnight at camp.
Day 06: Shana- Sio Thangkha (3750m / 20 km, 7-8 hours) . Overnight at camp.
Day 07: Sio Thangkha- Jangothang (4040m / 19 km, 7-8 hours). Overnight at camp.
Day 08: Rest day at Jangothang (Base Camp). Overnight at camp.
Day 09: Jangothang –Lingshi (4000m / 18 km, 7-8 hours). Overnight at camp.
Day 10: Lingshi- Shodu (4820m / 22 km, 8-9 hours). Overnight at camp.
Day 11: Shodu-Barshong (3600m / 16 km, 6-7 hours). Overnight at camp.
Day 12: Barshong-Dolam Kencho (3600m / 15 km, 5-6 hours). Overnight at camp.
Day 13: Dolam Kencho-Dodena-Thimphu (8 km, 3 hours) Trek ends. Overnight at hotel.
Day 14: Thimphu – Paro departure. Arrive Kathmandu, Overnight at hotel.
Day 15: Departure according to your time schedule
Not really satisfied with this itinerary ? Make your own Customize It
We will be staying at 2/3 star hotel in Kathmandu. Single bedroom will be arranged on request and will cost additional. Utmost Adventure will arrange rooms with attached washrooms in Bhutan, Standard basis we will provide two star standard rooms and deluxe basis we will provide 4 star basis accommodation in Bhutan. While trekking there will tented basis accommodation.
In Kathmandu, breakfast will be available. All meals will be provided during Tour/trek in Bhutan including tea, coffee, food will be prepared by our cook while trekking. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners taking place for guests. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the camp where we spend the night and lunch on our way to next destination. Authentic Bhutanese, Tibetan, continental meals are common choices in the menu.
Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
Chhomolari trek is a modorate trek. Trekkers who can walk up to 5-6 hours a day on an uphill and downhill trail will consider this trip fulfilling and enjoyable. It is a good idea to prepare for the trek by jogging and exercising regularly at least for a month prior to the start. Trekking to the Chhomolari should be relatively easy for those who have experience in walking/trekking in high altitudes. Determination, good physical health, positive attitude and average physical fitness are good preconditions for a successful accomplishment of the trek. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Utmost Adventure Trekking before booking the trek.
Best Time to Travel
The best time for the Chhomolari trek in Bhutan is during spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November). The temperature is moderate and guarantees amazing views throughout the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
Date And Costs
The given cost are per person and exclude international flights. Given below are the departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable then please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.
Book our fixed departures
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Status||Price|
Booking Open: Anyone travelling solo or with groups the given date is available for join.
Join a Group: Anyone travelling solo or with groups interested in join. The given date travelers already have booked the trip.
Limited Space: There are limited seat available for the given date. Therefore, we suggest you to make your decision as early as possible.
Sold Out: The given date has reached max numbers. Please contact usif you still want to travel on this particular date.
* Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up & drop by private car/van/bus (all airport transfers).
* 3 night’s hotel with Breakfast in Kathmandu
* 1 Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu with experience tour guide
* Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
* Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
* Service of licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
* All sightseeing tours, Monument /Museum entrance Fees as per itinerary.
* All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee for whole duration of your stay in Bhutan.
* Country Presentation & Tour Briefing on Day 1 evening with welcome drinks.
* Cultural afternoon/evening consisting of traditional mask dances & folk dances (with beverages) ~ For Group Tours
* Ground Transport according to the itinerary
* All our government taxes.
* Tourist service charge, vat.
* Tented accommodation and equipments during the camping trek. (You will be provided water proof two-three man dome tents, sleeping mattress, air pillows, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
* All trekking arrangements and required number of staff.
* All trekking permits logistics & fees.
* Route Permits & monument access permits
* Luggage will be hauled by horses, mules or yaks at higher elevations.
* Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and a la cart meals.
* Your travel insurance (compulsory).
* International airfares and airport departure tax.
* Photography charges (if and when applicable).
* Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
* Personal Equipment.
* Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby, porters and trekking staff. (Tipping is expected.)
* Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
* Personal trekking Equipment.
* Airfare Kathmanu-Paro US$ 212 one way (round trip US$ 428 subject to change), airport departure tax
* Tourist development fee US$ 10 p/pax (guide will collect this)
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Price can be also customized. Group and Travel Agent discount available as per request.
0 Reviews on Chomolhari Trek View All
Utmost Adventure has compiled a list of necessary equipment, personal medical supplies and symptoms of medical condition likely to face during trekking / peak climbing. Also, please do understand that items listed below should be considered as an essential summary.
We highly recommend you to be familiar with all of your equipment and basic understanding of medical Conditions related to high elevation.
Your document to travel to Nepal and Bhutan:
Valid passport, 2 extra passport size photos, airline tickets
Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport)
Dollars in cash for purchasing Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport
Credit cards, bank/ATM/cash machine cards for withdrawing funds from cash machines
We will arrange all necessary visa, trek permit for the Bhutan tour
Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F
Headlamp with spare bulbs and batteries
Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
Basic First Aid Kit (see Health and Medicinal)
Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
Small wash towel
Personal Clothing items
Sun hat or scarf
Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
Sunglasses with UV protection
Weight thermal tops
Fleece jacket or pullover
Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
Lightweight cotton long pants
Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
Fleece or wool pants
Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
Thick, warm wool hiking socks
Hiking boots with spare laces
Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Personal hygiene supplies;
Two tubes lip sun cream, at least 1 large tube regular sun cream (min. factor 30), some after-sun lotion in case you do get a sunburn
One toothpaste/brush set;
One hand sanitizer gel
1 (fast drying) synthetic towel
Personal prescription medications; Please let your leader know about any medical issues before the climb.
Small personal first-aid kit; (Simple and Light): first-aid tape, plasters (Band-Aids),alcohol-free wipes for cuts, personal medications, etc. (The leaders will have more extensive first-aid kits)
One skin blister repair kit
Anti-diarrhea pills (Imodium) (one regular package)
Anti-headache medication (Aspirin or Ibuprofen) (one regular package)
One small bottle cough and/or cold medicine.
One course antibiotics for chest infection, available locally at chemist shop or pharmacy with no doctor’s prescription.
One course antibiotics for stomach infection, available locally at chemist shop or pharmacy with no doctor’s prescription.
One small bottle anti-altitude sickness medication: Diamox (Acetylzolamide), available locally, for more about this medication, please contact us or your doctor
One small bottle of water purification tablets (needs to contain silver-ions AND chlorine) or a water filter or UV sterilizer.
Extra prescription glasses/contact lens. Contact lens wearers, please bring glasses in case of emergency.