- Destination: Nepal
- Group size: 1-12 peoples
- Arrival on: kathmandu,Nepal
- Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Trip Level: Easy
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- Transportation: Flight & private vehicle
Meals: All meals during trekking and climbing. Breakfasts in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Accommodation: 3-star hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Teahouses during the trek and tents while camping
Climb the Chulu West Peak (6419m/21,055ft) and make the dream of peak climbing in one of world’s most beautiful regions (the Annapurnas) come true. There are two Chulu Peaks, East and West. This package is for the Chulu West Peak Climbing. Standing at a height of 6419m, the Chulu West Peak offers an interesting peak climbing opportunity for those looking for an adventure in the Annapurna Region.
Some consider the Chulu West Peak to be one of the best peaks in the Annapurna region. While climbing the peak, we will also be able to enjoy magnifiscent views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Annapurna, and other Himalaya peaks. However, climbing the Chulu West Peak requires a good physical condition and a high degree of stamina.
After initial preparations and sightseeing in Kathmandu, we drive to Khudi from where we begin our trek. The trail leads slowly to the Manang Valley, one of the highest valleys of the world. We set up two camps above the Base Camp.After summitting the Chulu West, we return via the Thorong-La Pass and Muktinath to Jomsom. From Jomsom, we fly to Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu.
Not really satisfied with this itinerary ? Make your own Customize It
Accommodations are included in the trip cost. We will be staying at Hotel Moonlight in Kathmandu, Mt. Kailash Resort in Pokhara, teahouses during the trek and tents while climbing. We will be spending 3 nights in Kathmandu,1 night in Pokhara, 13/14 nights in teahouses and 5/6 nights in two-men camping tent. Only few guesthouses have attached bathrooms. Guesthouses or lodges in most of the places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. To sleep in tent, 4 seasons sleeping bag and foam mattress will be served. Himalayan Glacier maintains standard comfort in every matter based on the enforceable conditions such as weather calamities. In climbing section, toilet facilities will be provided with necessary natural preservation. If we are a solo traveler, we will share a room or tent with someone else of same sex of our group. If we prefer a single room, we may indicate our preference and get single rooms on request by paying single supplement USD 350. However, it is better to understand the fact that there are several places that do not allow single room accommodation. On paying single supplement, we will get single room in Kathmandu but sometimes it is not feasible in mountains during the trek.
During our Chulu West Peak expedition, we can enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian) from pizza and Chips to apple pie. We can even enjoy hot chocolates, variety of breads, variety of drinks, and snacks. Breakfast of a day will be served from the tea house or lodge menu where we spent night. Lunch will be served on the way to destination, dinner and breakfast in the tea house or lodge where we spend the night. During climbing session, a freshly cooked hygienic food or a packed food (as per condition) will be served. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu and in Pokhara.
Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
Chulu West is not a technical peak but we need good stamina for a long day effort while climbing it. We can climb Chulu West peak without any previous climbing experience and skills of using climbing equipments. But knowledge on using equipment and previous experience would be beneficial although not mandatory because a pre-ice climbing training will be provided to us in Base Camp to make us skillful on using climbing gears such as ropes, ice pick, harness, crampons. The climbing usually requires normally 5-6 hours of walking everyday and some days even 8-10 hours- such as in summitting day. Himalayan Glacier suggests us to get prepared with about 12 Km of walking or jugging exercise everyday before 3 months of our Chulu West Peak trip because on choosing Chulu West Peak climbing trip, we are considering to walk in high altitude and remote area for many days. To join the trip with a good chance of success, we must have lots of willpower, ability to tolerate harsh conditions, reasonable fitness and stamina with sound health. It is vital that participants with pre-existing medical problems or conditions make these known to Himalayan Glacier at the time of booking.
Best Time to Travel
Best Time for Chulu West Peak Climbing The best seasons for Chulu West Peak Climbing are Spring(Mid March to May) and Autumn (mid September to November).
Date And Costs
The given cost are per person and exclude international flights. Given below are the departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable then please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.
Booking Open: Anyone travelling solo or with groups the given date is available for join.
Join a Group: Anyone travelling solo or with groups interested in join. The given date travelers already have booked the trip.
Limited Space: There are limited seat available for the given date. Therefore, we suggest you to make your decision as early as possible.
Sold Out: The given date has reached max numbers. Please contact usif you still want to travel on this particular date.
Included in the Cost
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with temple/monuments entrance fee
- Kathmandu Besishahar -Syange transport in private vehicle
- Jomsom to Pokhara flight with airport departure tax
- Pokhara to Kathmandu transport in tourist bus
- Three nights in 3-star hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Teahouses/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara and all meals in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles (except Muktinath to Jomsom transport in local bus)
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide), Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Chulu West climbing permit
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part -very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
0 Reviews on Chulu West Peak Climbing View All